In this intermediate course, you'll take your web design and development skills a step further and learn to use Bootstrap to adapt your websites to render optimally on all screen sizes.
No offerings in this track are currently scheduled.
With the wide variety of screen sizes available today, the ability to build web pages that provide optimal viewing experiences (in terms of reading, navigation, and layout) on both traditional monitors and mobile devices is a critical web-development skill.
This course provides a brief review of key HTML5 and CSS concepts before diving into responsive web design principles and practices and providing hands-on practice with Bootstrap, the most widely-used responsive framework available today.
This course is designed for IS and non-IS professionals who are interested in learning the concepts behind responsive web design and gain experience building responsive websites using Bootstrap.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Brief review of relevant HTML5 and CSS concepts
- History and importance of grids in web design
- From fixed to fluid to responsive
- Media queries
- Related concepts: resolution and touch
- Twitter Bootstrap, a powerful, mobile-first framework
DURATION & Format
2 days (12 hours)
This course can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.